Sunday, May 24, 2015

Porch Pillows

After our porch renovation last summer, I secured the perfect furniture set but had not found the right pillows to complement our new house paint colour. I love bright summer prints, but wanted something that really worked with our victorian house. So, I had this vision to create pillows with historical photos of the City we live in and from the year our house was built.  I scoured our local archives and found a number of digital photos from 1895. I copied them to my desktop and printed them in a 5x7 format on Jolee's iron-on transfer paper for dark fabrics ($9.99) from Michaels. You must use an inkjet printer and I suggest cutting your images down to exactly what you want transferred on your pillow, otherwise you'll end up with white borders. I used IKEA cushion covers ($5.99) and a quick iron on your highest setting and voila, they were done. I now have some very unique porch pillows that are a real conversation starter and look so good on the porch.


No comments: